Wild Rice With Cranberries and Caramelized OnionsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup wild rice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 medium onions sliced into thin wedges shopping list
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest finely grated shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chicken broth and rice in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until rice is tender and the liquid absorbed.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions and brown sugar then cook 6 minutes then turn heat to low.
- Slowly cook onions stirring often for 25 minutes then stir in cranberries.
- Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes then fold cranberry mixture and zest into rice.