TOMATO SOUPFrom tinadc 7 years ago
- Vegtable stok (with lotsof carrots, onions and celery) shopping list
- tomatoes (peeled and pips removed) shopping list
- lentils shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- cayenne pepper shopping list
- * (This soup is even more exotic if you roast red peppers, liquidize and press through a sieve) shopping list
How to make it
- Brew a vegtable stock with lots of carrots, onions and celery
- Meawhile, put the tomatoes in hot water
- Peel them and them in half and press most of the pips out.
- Put aside
- Throw the stock off and add the tomato peels and pips
- Simmer for 2 hours, liquidize and press through a sieve
- Add the tomato flesh and boil for another hour
- * (if you are using red peppers add it at this stage, liquidize and press through a sieve before adding it to the tomato puree)
- Add the lentils, salt and pepper and cayenne pepper Add one third stock, one third tomato puree and lentils and one third lentil water
- Take care not to overcook when you the lentils since the water will become 'bitter'.
The Cooktinadc Cape Town, ZA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!