Moon and Stars CookiesFrom navybaby 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cream together the shortening, the sugar, eggs, oil, salt and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and the cream of tartar.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well mixed.
- Roll into 1-inch balls (about the size of a marble or a walnut), and shape with a cookie cutter or by hand into crescent moons and stars.
- Bake at 350º for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle or roll in colored sugar.
- (Notes: If adding food coloring, add it to the wet ingredients before mixing. Also, it is easier to freeze the cookies as balls rather than as shapes. They will keep in the freezer for about two months.)
The Cooknavybaby Ledyard, CT
The Rating4 people
Love a good shortbread cookie!m2googee in Tomball loved it
mmmm, sounds good!magali777 in Mexico loved it
I like to use cream of tartar in cookies. Sounds very good!
bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!