Greek Omelet for TwoFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1/2 of a 10 ounce package of frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed completely dry. (freeze other half, add to two cups bubbling chicken broth with one beaten egg and a handful parmesan cheese for a quick tattered soup) shopping list
- 1/3 cup of crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup of cream style cottage cheese shopping list
- 2 tsp of butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup of minced onions shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of dried mint leaves crushed shopping list
- 1 pinch of cracked red pepper flakes shopping list
- 4 eggs, or equal amount of egg substitute shopping list
- 2 tsp of butter, unsalted shopping list
How to make it
- In a microwave safe bowl, cook the minced onion in scant amount of butter on low until the onion is translucent.
- Stir onions into the defrosted chopped spinach with the mint and red pepper flakes.
- Add the cheeses and mix well.
- (I very gently heat the filling in the microwave two minutes on 20 percent power while I prep the pan for the eggs and while I beat the eggs-a cold filling doesn't thrill me-an ocassional stir is a good thing)
- Beat the eggs; season with a scant amount of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Melt remaining butter in 10 inch skillet.
- Add eggs; cook slowly, running the spatula around the edges and lifting the egg mixture to allow the uncooked egg to run underneath.
- Spoon gently warmed spinach cheese mixture onto one half of the omelet surface; fold other side over filling.
- Slide onto serving plate.
- Serves two
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
Were you reading my mind? Hubby and I were talking about omelets for dinner. I just gotta get him to pick up some fresh greek feta at Spiro's (University Ave. St. Paul, MN). It's the bomb. Thanks. L.lasaf in St. Paul loved it
I love Greek food... this is wonderful.berry in Winter Park loved it
OH YEAH! Another keeper.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!