Pork Fillet MarsalaFrom consul 8 years ago
- 500 g pork fillet shopping list
- 150 g button mushrooms shopping list
- 100 g Portobello mushrooms shopping list
- 15 g dried porcini mushrooms shopping list
- 120 ml marsala wine shopping list
- 20 g minced garlic shopping list
- 200 ml whipping cream or sour cream shopping list
- 3 Teaspoons normal flour shopping list
How to make it
- Slice pork into 1 inch rounds. Cover with film or baking paper and flatten into medallions about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Season with salt & pepper and saute on medium heat in a mixture of oil and butter until cooked through. Do not overcook Once cooked put aside
- Add the garlic and marsala wine to the same pan scraping up any brown bits
- Put the dried porcini mushrooms in a cap of hot water and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Drain the porcini reserving the water they soaked in
- Coarsley chop all mushrooms in a food processor
- In the same skillet saute the mushrooms on low heat until lightly browned .Once the water the mushrooms let out evaporates add 2 teaspoons flour and mix well.
- Add gradually the water the porcini mushrooms soaked in, removing any grit.
- Return the pork to the pan and heat slowly.
- Serve pork with sauce
The Cookconsul St Julians, MT
- Not added to any groups yet!