Pineapple Whole Wheat RollsFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple shopping list
- 1 cup of all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 package of active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/3 cup of milk shopping list
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp of cooking oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of salt shopping list
- 2 1/4 to 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup of honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup of butter shopping list
How to make it
- Drain the can of pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup of the juice.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Combine the all purpose flour with the yeast.
- Heat the reserved juice with the milk, brown sugar, oil and salt till warm. (115 to 120 degrees)
- Add to flour mixture; beat at low speed for 1/2 minute.
- Beat at high speed for three minutes.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Add as much whole wheat flour as you can stir in.
- Turn out on floured surface and knead enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough.
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover with a dish towel and let it rise in a warm place til double, (about one hour)
- Punch down; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide into thirds.
- Shape each third into 15 balls.
- Place three balls each in greased muffin cups.
- Let rise in warm place til nearly double (another 20 minutes or so)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Combine the honey with the melted butter.
- Turn rolls out, brush with honey mixture.
- Makes 15 delectable rolls.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating1 people
Mmmmmm, I really like this recipe. I have never added pineapple as an ingredient to my rolls or buns and I love the idea. You've got my 5!peepers in loved it