Grilled Chili-Rubbed Flank SteakFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 1 clove garlic, large, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, chipotle, kind shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, ancho, kind shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, scored on both sides shopping list
- 10 lime wedges shopping list
- 3 1/2 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed shopping list
How to make it
- In food processor, pulse garlic with onion, lime juice, chili powder, salt and cumin. With the machine on, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until a paste forms. Rub the paste all over the steak and let marinate at least an hour.
- Grill the steak over a medium-high fire for 10 minutes, turning once, until an instand-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 130-135 degrees for medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the steak across the grain into 1/4" slices. Squeeze the juice from 2 lime wedges over the steak slices, then top with the shredded cheese. Serve with warm tortillas and the remaining lime wedges.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating2 people
This sounds fantastic. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
like this one, i can put it to marinate in the fridge and go to work, start the fire when i come home, by the time i've got the first drink down the coals are ready. throw it on the fire with some mesquite chips, and 15 minutes later we're chowing do...moremisterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it