Hot Chocolate Pudding Cake a la ModeFrom cheric 8 years ago
- 3/4 stick (6 T) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 oz. semisweet baking chocolate, chopped shopping list
- Yolk from 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 tsps baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 tsps vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 pt. vanilla ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350. You'll need a shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- Microwave butter and chocolate in a small bowl just until melted; stir with a whisk to combine, then stir in yolk until well blended.
- Whisk flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa, the baking powder and salt in a medium bowl until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup milk, the butter mixture and vanilla until smooth. Spread batter in ungreased baking dish.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, remaining 1/3 cup cocoa and the brown sugar in small bowl with fingers or a fork until blended. Sprinkle over batter.
- Heat remaining 2 cups milk in microwave just until simmering. Slowly pour over mixture in baking dish-DON'T STIR.
- Bake 45 minutes. Spoon into dessert bowls. Top each serving with a small scoop of ice cream. Serve immediately or pudding layer will be absorbed by cake layer.
- Per serving (serious dieters...do not continue reading..look away look away!!): 481 calories; 20 g fat; 73 g carb