Cranberry Biscotti In A Jar MixFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries shopping list
- 3/4 cup pecans shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- Ingredients to prepare cookies shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Layer ingredients in order inside a a clean 1 quart jar.
- Tap gently on the counter top to settle each layer before adding the next.
- Add additional cranberries or pecans to top off the jar.
- Attach these directionst to the jar:
- Cranberry Biscotti
- Beat 1/3 cup butter on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add 2 eggs and beat on medium until well combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in contents of jar just until combined.
- Divide into 2 loaves on cookie sheet, chilling if necessary to make dough easier to handle.
- Each loaf should be about 9 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Bake at 375°F for 25-30 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on sheet for 1 hour.
- Cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices using a serrated (bread) knife.
- Place slices on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325°F for 8 minutes, then turn over and bake for 8-10 minutes more or until dry and crisp.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool. Makes 32 cookies.