Miso PizzaFrom waterlily 6 years ago
- For the dough: shopping list
- 1 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast shopping list
- 1 teaspoon honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (any kind is fine, but I like olive oil) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour shopping list
- cornmeal shopping list
- For the sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup miso (any variety, but I'm nuts about the red stuff!) shopping list
- hot water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 cup tahini (sesame seed paste) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons good soy sauce shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 5-8 cloves crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 teaspoons fresh basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh oregano shopping list
- cayenne pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, snipped fine with scissors. shopping list
How to make it
- Prep times include time for the dough to rise.
- Mix the water, yeast, honey, oil, and selt. Let stand until bubbly.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of flour and knead until it forms a smooth ball, adding more flour as needed. Depending on the weather and the moisture content of the flour, you may need up to another cup of flour.
- Place in a good-sized bowl, cover, and set in a warm place to rise until doubled in bulk, about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sprinkle cornmeal on a pizza pan.
- Punch down the dough, and stretch and pull it into a vaguely round shape. Place the dough on the pan and stretch it to fill the pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes until the crust just starts to firm up and brown.
- Combine the miso and hot water to make it easily spreadable. Spread onto the crust and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a sauce pan, add the flour and stir constantly until lightly browned. Add the water, soy sauce, and tahini. Lower heat and simmer.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet and saute the onions and garlic until translucent. Add the basil, oregano, and cayenne. Stir in the parsley.
- Spread over the miso-covered pizza crust and return to the oven for about 5 minutes.
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!