Easy Pad ThaiFrom iamso 6 years ago
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh, cut into small chunks, strips or pieces. The smaller the better. You can also add tofu, shrimp or tuna, although they should be cooked separately to reduce any contamination. shopping list
- 2 pkg udon or egg noodles shopping list
- 1 cup sweet thai chili sauce (I use the Thai Kitchen brand) If you don't have this, then use plum sauce with some dried hot chili flecks and a little bit of brown papriki if you're looking for the heat.) shopping list
- chopped cilantro (enough for your liking - i only use a tiny bit) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped/crushed peanuts (half for cooking in dish, half for presentation) shopping list
- lime juice shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- cut up chicken or other meat choice into peices and quickly saute in frying pan with a tbsp of olive oil, just until cooked through.
- drain excess liquid from pan, and put back on low heat, adding half of the sweet thai chili sauce.
- put pre-cooked udon noodles into a bowl and fill with hot water from tap, just to separate noodles so they don't stick together.
- add udon noodles (not the water!!!) to the frying pan with 1/4 cup lime juice or the juice from a whole lime, and mix with meat and suace until the noodles are covered in sauce.
- add the rest of the sweet thai chili sauce (i put a whole cup in at this point becuase i like the sauce a lot) half the peanuts and the cilantro and turn up the heat to quickly cook the sauce so it thickens a slight bit and becomes almost sticky.
- Put into low bowls or rice bowls. Garnish with some peanuts, a sprig of cilantro and a slice of lime.
- this dish can also be done with kobe beef or a very lean cut of beef.
The Cookiamso Victoria, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!