King Ranch Chicken CasseroleFrom creativecook 7 years ago
- 6 chicken breast halves, cooked and diced shopping list
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into strips shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chile's shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- salt shopping list
- dash cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2/3 cup chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Pour about 1/3 cup of broth over bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Layer half of the tortillas on the bottom, then half of the chicken, onion, bell pepper, and dollops of about 1/2 of both soups.
- Sprinkle with a little garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Repeat layers.
- Spread tomatoes over the top and drizzle with remaining chicken broth.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes, until bubbly.
The Cookcreativecook Campbell, TX
The Rating4 people
I made a version of this just last night, and it's very good. Yours sounds even better, though - the one I used had no spices added, which left us wanting a little kick. I'll try this next time!sweetwords in Raleigh loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!