Upside Down Caramel Apple PieFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 ready made pie crusts shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon warm honey shopping list
- 8 baking apples peeled cored and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine dark brown sugar, pecans, butter and honey in bottom of a deep dish pie pan.
- Place one of the pie crusts in the pan on top of caramel mixture.
- Allow crust to extend over rim of pan.
- Arrange apple slices in pan then sprinkle with sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Dot evenly with slices of butter then sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cover pie with top crust then trim and crimp edges.
- Poke holes with fork to vent then bake at 400 for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 325.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes then remove from oven and cool.
- Approximately thirty minutes before serving return to oven a few minutes to loosen caramel.
- Invert pie on a large plate and serve caramel side up.