Rice-Stuffed Pork ChopsFrom craftyazgirl 6 years ago
- 4 extra thick (11/2-inches) pork chops shopping list
- 1/2 cup cooked brown or white rice shopping list
- 2 green onions, minced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram leaves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive or salad oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine or chicken broth shopping list
- 3/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. green peppercorns or capers shopping list
- tomato half and parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- From fat side of each pork chop, cut a pocket with the tip of a sharp
- Mix rice, onions, garlic, marjoram and salt. Divide mixture among the
- chops. Pack in well. Skewer shut with toothpicks.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet. Slowly brown chops on both sides. Add
- wine or broth. Cover and simmer 30 min.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Boil liquid in pan down to about 1/2 cup (it should appear thickened and glossy).
- Stir in cream and peppercorns or capers. Boil 3 to 5 min. until thickened. Pour over chops or serve separately in a bowl. Garnish chops with tomato half and parsley and serve immediately.