Easy chicken ENCHILADASFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- 1 whole roasted chicken from grocery deli shopping list
- 12 corn or flour tortillas. I like corn shopping list
- 16 ounces monterey jack cheese shredded shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 cup chicken broth Canned works great with added 1 tsp soup base shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 can green chilies shopping list
How to make it
- De-bone chicken and cut into pieces.
- If using corn tortillas soften in hot oil for about 20 sec... I spray and heat.
- Place 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 1/2 tablespoons chicken and 1 tablespoon onion in each tortilla. Roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 9x13 inch casserole that has been sprayed with non stick oil.
- Melt butter in saucepan; blend flour; slowly add chick broth; cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Stir in Sour Cream and Peppers; cook until heated through, but do not boil. Pour over tortillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cook for 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- I add minced hot peppers (not a lot) with the cheese.
- Easy and Very Good!
People Who Like This Dish 51
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating4 people
This sounds like something I can handle. I look forward to trying it!snooklyukums in Cedar Rapids loved it
me too!!!!zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
I made these for dinner a few nights ago....and they were absolutely wonderful... Awesome.....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it