Beef StewFrom tuilelaith 7 years ago
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1 1 1/2 pounds bone-less beef chuck roast, cut into 3/4 inch cubes shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups hot water shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tablespoon instant beef bouillon granules shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (optional) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 6 medium carrots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into eighths shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Measure peas and set aside.
- In a 3 quart casserole toss meat with flour.
- Add water, onion, bay leaf, bouillon granules, salt, sugar, parsley flakes, and pepper.
- Microwave, covered, on high 5 minutes; stir.
- Reduce power to medium (50%).
- Micrewave 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Stir in tomato sauce, carrots, potatoes, and celerly.
- Microwave, covered, on medium for 40 to 60 minutes or until the meat and vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- Add peas; microwave on medium for 1 to 2 minutes or until peas are heated through.
- Let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- NOTE: Beef chuck is better marbled and often less expensive then the round sold as beef stew meat. Small uniform pieces you cut yourself will microwave more evenly and be more tender.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating1 people
saving for cooler days. adding this one for my microwave creativity day. I've never gotten into actually cooking anything in it. This should give me a kickstart. :-)tazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it