Chinese Chicken With MangoesFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- 3 whole chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 " piece green ginger shopping list
- 1 can sliced mangoes shopping list
- 8 shallots or spring onions shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 tbsp. dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. ssesame oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 2 chicken stock cubes shopping list
- 2 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
- 2 tbsp. oil, extra shopping list
- Batter: shopping list
- 3/4 cup plain flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup cold water shopping list
How to make it
- To make the batter sift dry ingredients into a bowl, gradually add water and mix to a smooth batter. When all the water has been added, whisk for three minutes. Cover the bowl, stand 30 minutes, whisk again just before using.
- Remove skin from chicken breasts. With small sharp knife, gently remove chicken meat from each half of each breast, giving six pieces. Cut chicken meat into 1/2 " strips. Place in batter. Mix well. Remove chicken strips one at a time from batter, drop into deep hot oil, fry until golden brown; drain on absorbent paper. Repeat with remaining chicken in batches. Set chicken aside.
- Peel ginger, cut into wafer-thin slices. Cut peeled shallots into 1/2 " diagonal pieces. Cut drained mangoes into 1/2 " strips. Combine water, sherry, soya sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, crumbled stock cubes and cornstarch.
- Heat extra oil in pan or wok, add ginger, fry gently for two minutes, add combined soya sauce mixture. Stir until sauce is boiling, reduce heat, simmer three minutes. Add chicken, mangoes and shallots, toss for three minutes. Serve immediately otherwise the batter will soften.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!