Honey Garlic RibsFrom toleliz 6 years ago
- 4 lb pork back ribs (or use chicken wings for a change) shopping list
- 3/4 brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 3 Tbsp soya sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp honey shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic-finely minced shopping list
- hot pepper jelly or sirachi sauce or chili flakes (optional and to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut through each rib and place them in a large shallow pan. Cover with foil and bake in a 375 degree oven for 60 minutes then uncover and bake a further 15 minutes. If you have them covered they should be fine without adding any water but you could check after the first 45 minutes and if they seem dry add a bit of water and continue baking. While the ribs are baking combine the brown sugar and the cornstarch in a sauce pan and then add the water and the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and keep stirring. You can set this aside for a few minutes if the ribs are not quite done yet. Just turn it off and cover it. When the ribs are tender and cooked put them in a heat proof serving dish and pour the sauce over them. Serve immediately or keep warm in a low oven.
- If you want to make chicken wings instead of pork ribs then substitute 4 pounds of wings that have been divided into 3 at the joints (save the tips for stock) Baking times would be about 15 minutes less.
The Cooktoleliz Burlington, Canada
The Rating4 people
*wink*pink in USA loved it
Oh yum. I love ribs and this sauce is almost perfect. You see, I'm not sweet enough so it's a definite must for me to add more honey ;) I LOVE your recipe and will be using it the next time I make ribs. Thank you so very much for a great "5" fork win...morelor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!