Homemade Mince MeatFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 4 1/2 lbs cooked ground meat shopping list
- 2 qts water shopping list
- 2 12 oz. pkg dried peaches shopping list
- 2 lbs raisins shopping list
- 4 lb brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tblspn cloves shopping list
- 1 tblspn nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tblspns cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tblpsn salt shopping list
- 4 cans pie apples shopping list
How to make it
- Boil hog's head and/or pork bones until meat is cooked. Cool and remove meat from bones.
- Grind meat, peaches and apples. Mix all ingredients together in a large pot and cook stirring often. When nearly done add 2 cups of cider vinegar. Continue cooking and stirring frequently. Taste and add more spices if desired. (You may use part sorghum syrup instead of all sugar).
- When transparent seal in hot pint jars. put a table spoon of vinegar in each jar before you put the lid on.
- Have plenty of jars on hand each time I make it they vary
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!