Cardamom Lemon Peel MuffinsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- vegetable oil spray shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups oat bran uncooked shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 4 large egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- Grated rind of 1 lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray two muffin tins with vegetable oil spray or use paper muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl combine bran, flour, cardamom, baking powder and baking soda then mix well.
- In a large bowl combine applesauce, oil, honey, egg whites, almond extract and lemon peel then mix well.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well but do not over mix.
- Fill prepared muffin cups almost full.
- Place in oven and reduce heat to 375 and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.