Down South Tortilla SoupFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 large white onion chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 can hot diced tomatoes with green chilies shopping list
- 4 corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 large can tomatoes pureed shopping list
- 1 cup chicken breast diced shopping list
- 3 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan sauté onion and garlic in vegetable oil for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with green chilies, pureed tomatoes, chicken stock, chili powder, cumin and salt then heat to boiling and reduce heat then simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut tortillas into thin strips and fry until crisp in 1/4-inch of hot oil and drain on paper towels.
- Add chicken and tortilla strips to soup and heat through.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!