Royal PeasFrom jencathen 6 years ago
How to make it
- Green peas. If they are very fresh and from the first crop, pass them through the pan with half butter and half finely chopped bacon, melted but not brown.
- Season them with very little salt and spices to prevent destroying their natural taste which is very sweet.
- Add some blanched finely chopped hearts of butter lettuce, a little green of chives, a little thyme.
- Above all NO water, or just one or two spoons of your best broth, because de greens themselves have enough of it (water).
- Also remember that they have to be green, because otherwise they'll turn quite yellow through cooking.
- Add cream as needed just before serving, stir five or six times, and serve at once to be eaten.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- fishtrippin Estelline, SD
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔