Phulourie SnackFrom lor 8 years ago
- 2 cups split pea flour shopping list
- 1 cup self-rising flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup water, or as needed shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, minced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped (green part only) shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Sift the split pea flour, self-rising flour, and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Stir in turmeric, cumin, and salt.
- Gradually stir in enough water to make a very thick batter.
- Stir in minced onion, garlic, and chopped green onion.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is very hot, drop tablespoonfuls of the batter into the pan, and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove onto paper towels and drain.
- Delicious served with mango chutney and yogurt.