Fig and Lemon ChickenFrom cybershock 8 years ago
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds dried figs shopping list
- 1 lemon, sliced shopping list
- 12 chicken thighs shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, brown sugar, vinegar and water; set
- Place figs and lemon slices in the bottom of an 11x16 inch baking/roasting
- dish. Arrange chicken thighs on top, then pour vinegar mixture over chicken.
- Finally, sprinkle with salt and dried parsley to taste.
- Bake/roast at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 50 minutes, basting
- frequently (turn figs if they begin to brown).
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken, figs and lemon slices from baking dish
- and place on a warm platter. Skim fat from cooking juices, then pour over chicken as sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.