Fried CakesFrom morninlite 6 years ago
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp melted shortening (Greatgram's original recipe calls for lard) shopping list
- 1 pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 pinch nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1/2 c butter milk shopping list
- flour enough to roll soft shopping list
- oil to fry in shopping list
- powdered sugar, or cinnamon sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- combine all the ingredients.
- pinch off dough about the size of two walnuts,
- roll, flatten out and make a into a ring.
- place in hot oil to fry until golden on both sides.
- set aside to drain
- sprinkle with sugar if desired while still warm
The Cookmorninlite Kalamazoo, US
- Not added to any groups yet!