Roasted Red Pepper BisqueFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 15 large red bell peppers, or No. 5 can of Mancini's roasted red peppers (48 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 large spanish onion, diced small shopping list
- 1/4 pound all-purpose flour (about 3/4 cup) shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 2 quarts half and half shopping list
- 1 cup honey shopping list
- 48 ounces chicken stock, or broth shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- If using fresh peppers: Make sure you have adequate ventilation. Roast peppers over open flames, using tongs to rotate. Char thoroughly. Place in ice bath for 5 minutes, then remove skins and seeds. If using canned peppers, drain.
- Puree peppers until smooth. In large stockpot, melt butter over low heat. Add onions; cook until translucent.
- Stir in flour and cook about 1 minute -- do not brown or burn. Add remaining ingredients; stir until smooth. Bring to simmer and let cook for 10 minutes. If desired, season with salt and pepper; garnish with croutons and fresh parsley.