HOT MUSSEL AND SUMMER VEGETABLE SOUPFrom twotong 5 years ago
- 3 pcs chorizo sausage sliced (can be substituted with Italian hot sausage) shopping list
- ¼ kl mussels (washed and scrubbed) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cups diced carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced celery shopping list
- 6 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes (chopped) shopping list
- 1 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup zucchini, diced shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 3 teaspoons chopped parsley shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon hot chili flakes shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil over medium to high heat and brown chorizo in a pot.
- Add onions and sauté until tender.
- Add mussels, carrots, celery, zucchini, green bell pepper, parsley beef broth, red wine, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning chili flakes , and garlic. Bring to a boil and simmer.
- After 8 minutes (or when the shells have opened), remove from the soup the shells that have opened already. Place opened shells in a separate container and cover to keep warm.
- Continue simmering the soup for around 25 minutes. Skim away the fat from the soup. Remove Season with salt and pepper.
- When the soup is ready add the shells back to the soup. Sprinkle with cheese right before serving