Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk CookiesFrom mokona 6 years ago
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks or regular chocolate chips shopping list
- 3 egg whites (OR 6 tbs Egg Beaters) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups regular rolled oats shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons white corn syrup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine the white and brown sugar, the corn syrup and oil. Mix well.
- Add the egg whites and vanilla extract. Beat for about two minutes (or until well blended).
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the sugar mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and rolled oats, stirring well (the mixture will be thick).
- Using a tablespoon to measure, roll the dough into balls and place onto greased cookie sheets.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes (NOTE: the cookies will not easily brown on top due to the low fat content. Check the bottom of cookies for a light brown color.)