Nutritious Delicious 7-Grain BreadFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 3 cups warm water shopping list
- 2 packages active dry yeast shopping list
- 4 tablespoons barley malt (honey or molasses) shopping list
- 3 cups whole wheat flour and more if needed shopping list
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup rye flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup millet (cracked, if desired) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the water and yeast to dissolve.
- Add the sweetener of your choice and 3 cups whole wheat flour.
- Beat 21/2 minutes with the mixer (or 100 strokes).
- Stir in the oil, salt, and all the other flours (plus enough whole wheat flour so that the dough does not stick to the side of pan.)
- Turn out on a floured surface and knead 8-10 minutes or until firm and elastic.
- Let rise, covered,until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down and divide into thirds.
- Place into lightly greased loaf pans ( to which dough fills pan at least 1/2 full. ( 2 or 3 )
- Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.