Logan Trail BreadFrom deliathecrone 6 years ago
- 3 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 3 cups unbleached white flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry milk shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 cup soy grits shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups broken or chopped nuts shopping list
- 2 cups raisins shopping list
- 1 cup honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- 2 cups margarine shopping list
- 1 cup oil shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl and beat until well-combined.
- Fold the wet into the dry and blend well.
- Divide equally between four baking pans (9 x 9).
- Bake at 350-degrees F, for 45 minutes, or until done.
- The bread does NOT rise to the top of the pan.
- The final product will be dense and chewy.
- A single serving (a 4-inch square) provides 718 calories and 10.4 grams usable protein.
- To make it even more nutritious, substitute 1 cup wheat germ for 1 cup of the white flour.
- And to boost the iron content, add chopped apricots and about 1/4 cup brewer's yeast.
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!