RRs Smoky Beer BurgersFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 2 pounds lean ground sirloin shopping list
- 1/3 pound smoked gouda cheese, diced into 1/4 to 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 medium onion or 1/2 large onion shopping list
- 2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika, 2/3 palm full shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/3 palm full shopping list
- Grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal steak seasoning) shopping list
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped shopping list
- Generous handful finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 (12-ounce) bottle beer shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling shopping list
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill shopping list
- 4 crusty kaiser rolls, split and lightly toasted shopping list
- Green or red leaf lettuce, for topping shopping list
- Sliced sweet bread and butter pickles, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
- Place the meat in a bowl and add the cheese.
- Peel the onion and halve it, if using the medium onion.
- Grate about 3 to 4 tablespoons of onion directly over the meat into the bowl.
- Finely chop the remaining onion and reserve for topping.
- Add spices to meat: paprika, cumin and about 1 tablespoon of grill seasoning and/or some salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, parsley and Worcestershire and beer then form 4 large patties making them a little thinner at the center than at edges. Burgers plump when you cook them so this will prevent burger bulge.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the burgers then grill about 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, 5 minutes on each side for medium and 6 to 7 minutes on each side for well done.
- Mix mustard and sour cream with dill.
- Serve patties on bun bottoms and top with lettuce, pickles, chopped raw onion.
- Slather bun tops with sauce and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating2 people
rachael ray makes some mean burgers i love themminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Outdoor Cooking89 members
Grilling BBQing238 members
Anything Goes289 members
Television TV Famous Chefs67 members
Companys Coming115 members
Just Sandwiches132 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
GROUND BEEF96 members
Chief Jons Grill Masters56 members
Man Food60 members