Lumpia with Spicy Sweet and Sour SauceFrom dreamweaver 8 years ago
- Lumpia: shopping list
- 1 lb ground beef or pork shopping list
- 1 lb Shredded cabbage shopping list
- 1/2 lb Shredded carrots shopping list
- 1/2 lb Shredded celery shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic crushed shopping list
- 1 Whole onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 c soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Package of spring roll wrappers (contains about 35 wrappers) shopping list
- Sm bowl of water shopping list
- peanut oil for frying shopping list
- Dipping Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 t. soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 c pineapple juice shopping list
- 1/2 t ginger root -- Finely grated shopping list
- 1/2 garlic clove; -- crushed shopping list
- 2 T Cornstarch; -- blended with: shopping list
- 2 t Cold water shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- mix well.
- Separate the spring roll wrappers.
- With one corner of wrapper facing you, place about 2 T. of meat mixture into the corner and roll half way up.
- When you get to the middle with the next corners to the left and right,
- fold over the roll first the left corner then the right corner.
- Continue to roll till you get to the last corner.
- Dip your fingers in the small bowl of water and rub the last corner to seal and finish rolling.
- Deep fry in peanut oil until meat is cooked and the wrapper is a golden brown.
- Drain on layers of paper towels.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
- Dipping Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients; serve with hot lumpia.
- Makes about 1/4 cup.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- bobtheflyfisher Nowhere, Us
- kahumano Nowhere, Us
- shibattou Fort Mohave, AZ.
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- soupman Linwood, NJ
- uncoolmom Atlanta, GA
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- dandelion Ashland, NE
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- dreamweaver Galeton, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdreamweaver Galeton, PA
The Rating2 people
i love lumpia thank you ive been wanting this recipe i like the spicy peanut sauce they serve with this but i also love sweet and sour sauce thank you..............minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Great recipe. The sauce is perfect. You get 5 for this one.shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it