Hubbard Squash Almond CrispFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 4 pound hubbard squash shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup brandy shopping list
- 2 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered blanched almonds shopping list
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 10 tablespoon unsalted butter softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup amaretti cookies crushed shopping list
- 1 pint heavy cream chilled shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toast almonds and chop fine.
- Halve the squash lengthwise and remove seeds and fiber.
- Place squash cut side down in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold squash in single layer.
- Pour in water then bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven then turn squash over and cool.
- Use a spoon to remove the flesh then cut into 2” cubes.
- Place squash in a bowl then drizzle with brandy.
- Sprinkle with sugar and set aside for 30 minutes to macerate.
- Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix in butter working with your fingers until mixture holds together and is crumbly.
- Stir in chopped almonds and crushed cookies then set aside.
- Place squash and juice in a round baking dish then spread almond mixture evenly over them.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the squash is bubbling and topping is golden brown.
- To serve scoop hot crisp into individual dessert bowls and drizzle with chilled heavy cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!