Easy Chicken Noodle SoupFrom marky90 5 years ago
- 1 pound chicken breast (fillets, no skins) shopping list
- 1 pound chicken thigh (fillets, no skins) shopping list
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Tbs butter shopping list
- 1 Cup diced onion shopping list
- 1 Cup diced carrots, peeled shopping list
- 1/3 Cup diced celery shopping list
- 4 Cups chicken broth ( 1 Box of Swanson's works great) shopping list
- 4 Cups water shopping list
- 1 Tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tsp dill shopping list
- 1 Tsp fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1 Tsp minced parsley shopping list
- butter shopping list
- 3 Cups Dry wide egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute' the chicken breasts and thighs or 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly browned and cooked through.. Remove chicken to cutting board to cool.
- In the same pan, reduce heat, add butter then toss in onion, carrots and celery. Slowly cook the vegetables for 10 minutes, stirring often or until carrots begin to soften.
- Chop the chicken, then place all of it and the cooked veggies, the chicken broth, water, salt , pepper, dill and parsley into large soup pot. Bring soup to boil , then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add noodles and simmer for an additional 15 minutes. or until noodles are soft.
- Serve with additional fresh parsley and "a few pats of butter" (Hint)
- Enjoy with Oyster Crackers or french bread..
- AHHH, comfort.
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating3 people
Really wish you were my next door neighbor! Love your cooking, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
This looks much easier than my old recipe. I'm going to try this one.jencathen in loved it
This really sounds delicious, I am going to try it out. Great Post thank you!janetta in Bultfontein loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!