Ritzy Oatmeal BreakfastFrom lunchboxer 5 years ago
- 3/4 cup rolled/steel cut oats (quick oats get too mushy, unless you like it that way) shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground flaxseeds shopping list
- 1 tbsp. wheat germ shopping list
- 1 tbsp. Quaker Quick Pearled barley (it looks like rolled oats) shopping list
- Some chopped nuts (pecans, almonds, etc.) to taste shopping list
- raisins, dates, or shredded fresh apple (optional) shopping list
- Dash of cinnamon or apple pie spices shopping list
- 2 tsp. brown sugar, or to taste (honey is also great instead) shopping list
- bits of margarine, butter or Smart Balance shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- Use a microwave-safe cereal bowl (I like the wide, shallow soup bowl that works best).
- Put all ingredients in and fill with enough water to just cover the cereal.
- Place bowl in microwave and cook for about 2 minutes on high (your microwave time may vary).
- When all the water is absorbed, it should be done.
- Remove from microwave and add milk to your taste to enjoy.
- This cereal is full of heart-healthy grains and has lots of flavor. You will have a full & happy tummy and your Arteries & Ticker will thank you.
The Cooklunchboxer Columbia, MO
The Rating2 people
This does sound very healthy & filling. The small packets of oatmeal just don't do it for me. I have tried to cut back but around 8:30 am I am starving.(I get up at 4) lol
I love the picture of the polar bear!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!