Macaroni CheeseFrom splosh 5 years ago
- 250g macaroni shopping list
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 onions, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 tbsp plain flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar shopping list
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- extra grated cheddar shopping list
How to make it
- Cook macaroni according to packet instructions.
- Preheat oven to moderate 180C. Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan, fry onion for 2 minutes until softened, add flour and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk and stir until evenly mixed. Stir over medium heat until sauce thickens, add the grated cheddar and stir. Pour into a buttered cassarole and add the macaroni and stir to combine. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and extra grated cheddar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned on top.