Potato SoupFrom kcmm 5 years ago
- 5 green onions, chopped into small pieces shopping list
- 4 potatoes cut into 1" squares shopping list
- 1 tbsp of butter shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 of a liter of milk (1 bag) shopping list
- water shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup of lipton soup noodles ( or cut up spaghety to equal 1/2 a cup) shopping list
- 1 tbsp of oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese cut into small pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Before you start make sure you have all the ingridients ready because you have to add things quickly.
- In a medium size pot put the one tbsp of butter and green onions to cook
- once they are a bit see through add water just enough to cover the green onions
- as soon as it boils add the potatoes salt and pepper and bring to a boil stirring occasionaly for about 4 minutes
- add milk to fill 3/4 of the pot and bring to a boil again
- when the milk starts to foam and rise to the top, lower the heat and add about 2 cups of water and stir occasionaly
- season again to taste with salt and pepper
- when potatoes are half way done, add the noodles or pasta and the oil
- stir to make sure noodles do not stick.
- when noodles or pasta are done your soup is ready
- to serve it pour soup into a bowl and mash it a bit with the fork to make it creamy
- add cheese chooped in small pieces ( the hot soup will melt the cheese) and enjoy!!!
The Cookkcmm North York, CA
The Rating3 people
I love soup... especially potato soup, I am going to have to give this a try.debwin in Toronto loved it
Looks like a good soup. Thankscookinggood in Leesburg loved it
Excellent! The ultimate comfort soup on a chilly, rainy, and windy Illinois evening in November! I did add a few shakes of Spanish paprika to give the soup a slight rosy color. Linguine for the noodles. Thanks for the post!gkwillow in City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!