Potato Salad With Green BeansFrom chacha 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise, I prefer Hellman's shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk, homogenized or half and half coffee cream shopping list
- 1-1/2 to 2 Tbsp. Zesty Italian salad dressing shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 3 - 4 large yukon gold potatoes, cooked for approximately 15-20 minutes and diced or chopped shopping list
- 2 cups green beans, cooked fresh and cut in pieces or canned(8 oz.) cut green beans, drained shopping list
- 1 celery rib, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup spring onions, sliced on an angle shopping list
- 1/2 onion, diced shopping list
- 1/3 cup green olives, sliced (optional) shopping list
- lettuce leaves, I prefer Boston or Romaine shopping list
- For garnish: shopping list
- fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 3 - 4 bacon slices, cooked crisp and crumbled shopping list
- *I use turkey bacon but that's just me. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, beat mayonnaise, milk, Zesty Italian dressing, salt and pepper with a whisk until blended.
- Pour over potatoes, green beans, celery, onions and olives.
- Fold gently until everything is coated with dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 - 4 hours.
- Leave in the bowl or line a salad bowl or plate with romaine lettuce and spoon salad into the center.
- Garnish with parsley and crumbled bacon.
- Note: I often increase the dressing ingredients because sometimes after refrigerating I think it needs a little extra added. The potatoes are absorbent and I like the salad to have a creamy texture.