Broccoli Cheese And Chicken SoupFrom am 6 years ago
- 115g butter shopping list
- 125g flour shopping list
- 2605ml water shopping list
- 3 chicken stock cubes shopping list
- 910g skinless boneless chicken fillets - cut into bite-size pieces or strips shopping list
- 2 heads fresh broccoli cut into florets or finer shopping list
- salt & ground black pepper to your taste shopping list
- 235ml light cream shopping list
- 340g shredded cheddar cheese (sharp or not) shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- pinch of cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour, stirring constantly until a thick paste forms. Remove from pot, and set aside.
- in the same pot fry onions and garlic - not too brown
- add the water, chicken stock cubes, chicken broccoli, salt, cayenne pepper and pepper.
- Bring to the boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 45 minutes
- Add a little of the soup mix to your flour mixture, and mix to ensure no lumps. once smooth add the flour mixture to the soup a bit at a time until soup thickens
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Reduce the heat, and stir in the cream
- Mix in the cheese 1 cup at a time, and stir until melted.
- Ready to serve!! Enjoy