Sugar Tuile or Cookie CupsFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and draw four circles 5 inches in diameter on each piece of paper.
- Invert four heatproof, 2-inch-wide glasses or cups on the counter so they are ready when the tuiles come out of the oven.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the sifted flour, egg whites, and vanilla.
- Beat until well blended.
- Spoon the batter into the circles on one baking sheet and spread to the edges with an offset spatula.
- The batter will be very thin.
- Bake the tuiles for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the edges become golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately use a wide spatula to invert each tuile over a glass.
- Using a mitt, gently press to form into a cup shape. As soon as the tuiles are set, gently lift them off the glasses.
- Whisk the batter briefly and form the remaining 4 tuiles.
- Bake and form as directed above.
- When all the tuile cups are cool and set, store in a covered container until ready for use.