Leftover Chicken SoupFrom happygirl222 7 years ago
- The chicken carcass skin and all shopping list
- 2 celery stalks leafy if possible shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- some mushrooms if you like any kind except shitakke shopping list
- 3 carrots 1 not peeled shopping list
- 6 to 8 cups water shopping list
- 3 tbsp low sodium chicken stock powder (optional) shopping list
- 1 can of ramano beans or white kidney beans shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 clove garlic whole shopping list
- 3 tbsp basil shopping list
- 1 or 2 baby bok choy shopping list
- 2 zucchini sliced shopping list
- fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken in the pot add water
- add 1 unpeeled carrot
- 2 sliced celery stalks
- clove of garlic
- basil and some parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- boil for 1 hr and if the chicken comes off carcass easy remove all the meat and add back to pot if not cook longer till it comes apart easy.
- remove big carrot chop up and put back in the pot.
- add the rest of the ingredients to pot if you need to add more carrots or celery than do it to suit you. add whatever vegetable you prefer or omit what you dont like.
- cook for 30 minutes longer till carrots are tender .
The Cookhappygirl222 Colborne, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!