Apple Oatmeal cookiesFrom derrysgirl 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup quick oats (NOT instant) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest (1 lemon) shopping list
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed) shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter softend ( 1 1/2 sicks) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1 cup fresh apple peeled and finely chopped (1 apple) shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- Topping- 1/2 cup oats shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- in Med size bowl mix flour, oats, salt, soda, cinn, cloves, & zest.Set aside.
- with electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Now add applesauce, egg, & honey. Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture, fresh apple, & the raisins, blend on low speed until just incorperated. DON"T OverMix! Dough will be soft.
- Drop rounded tablespoons 1 1/2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets
- Sprinkle cookie with oats
- Bake 19-22 minutes until bottoms are golden