Raspberry Poppy Seed MuffinsFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds shopping list
- 8 1/2 ounces cake flour ( about 2 1/2 cups ) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 6 egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 pint raspberries ( fresh ) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour muffin tins.
- Mix together butter and sugar in a mixer till fluffy
- Add vanilla into egg yolks.
- Slowly add yolks, one at a time, to butter/sugar mixture.
- Beat until mixture is a soft lemon color.
- Stir in sour cream and poppy seeds.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add into egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar until stiff.
- Fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Gently stir in 1-2 pints of fresh raspberries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full
- Bake in greased muffin tins for 20-25 minutes.
- Yield depends on size of tins