Orange Beef and BroccoliFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 3Tbs cornstarch shopping list
- 1 lg.egg white shopping list
- 1/2c chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4c asian orange sauce or citrus stir fry sauce shopping list
- 2Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 11/2tsp each grated fresh ginger and garlic paste shopping list
- 3Tbs canola oil shopping list
- 6 small whole dried chilis or 1/2tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 naval orange shopping list
- 1lb. beef sirloin,trimmed of fat,cut into 2" slices(1/2" thivk) shopping list
- 1(16 oz.) bag broccoli florets shopping list
- 1/2c shreaded carrots shopping list
How to make it
- Remove peel from orange(olored part only) using vegetable peeler and reserve;juice orange and reserve
- In med. bowl whisk 1Tbs of orange juice,2Tbs of cornstarch,and egg white until blended;add beef strips;toss to coat
- Cook broccoli in microwave with 2Tbs water in microwave-safe bowl covered with vented plastic wrap 2-3 mins on high or till crisp-tender. Drain,refresh under cold water;reserve.
- Combine remaining orange juice and cornstarch,broth,orange sauce,soy sauce ,ginger and garlic.
- Drain beef;heat 2 Tbs of oil in large,deep,non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Cook beef in 2 batches,1-2 mins per side until golden brown. Remove to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 Tbs. oil to skillet;add orange peel and whole chilis or pepper flakes and stir fry 1-2 mins,until peel and chilis begin to darken and smell fragrant. Pour reserved orange sauce mixture into skillet and cook,stirring,until bubbly and sauce starts to thicken. Add broccoli,beef and carrot;continue to cook 2 mins,stirring,until hot and coated with sauce. Serve over cooked rice.