Tofu Spinach ParmesanFrom blondeberry 8 years ago
- 1 pkg of firm tofu, well drained shopping list
- 1/2 lb. fresh mozzarella, sliced into 8 slices shopping list
- 1 bag fresh spinach / I like the baby spinach shopping list
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- olive oil as needed shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the tofu into 8 slices.
- Beat eggs...dip tofu into egg, then into breadcrumbs.
- Saute in olive oil until brown on both sides.
- Pour about 1/3 of the sauce into a casserole dish and place the breaded tofu on top. Set aside.
- Wash spinach well and steam ever so slightly (just wilting).
- Drain well and place an even amount on each piece of tofu.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on each each stack.
- Cover with the rest of the sauce and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbling
- You can substitute eggplant or chicken in this recipe.
The Cookblondeberry Charleston, SC
The Rating2 people
I am a Lover of 'Tofu'! and this recipe sounds just delicious!
I usually cook Tofu with garlic, soy sauce and green onion!
Thanks for sharing ! A "5" FORKS !!!
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!