Tex-Mex Stuffed PeppersFrom pudgy47 6 years ago
- 4 med-size sweet green, red, peppers shopping list
- 4 slices lean bacon snipped crosswise into julienne strips shopping list
- 1 cup chopped scallions shopping list
- 2 cups corn kernels canned or thawed frozen, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pimientos shopping list
- 3 TBS chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped shopping list
- 11/4 TPS chili power shopping list
- 11/4 TPS ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 TPS salt shopping list
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips shopping list
How to make it
- 1- Preheat oven to 350 F. Slice 1/2 inch off 1 side of each pepper. Chop and reserve slices. Scoop seeds and membranes out of pepppers, then blanch peppers 5 Mins. in lightly salted boiling water. Drain upside down.
- 2-In a Medium skillet over moderate heat, cook bacon until crisp-3 to 4 Mins. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Pour off all buy 2 TBS. bacon drippings from skillet.
- 3-Saute reserved chopped pepper in bacon drippings, stirring occasionally, until limp-about 5 Mins. Add scallions and saute stirring occasionally, for 3 MINS.Add corn, pimientos,cilantro, jalapeno, chili power and cook 3 MINS. more. Remove from heat and stir in bacon and 3/4 cup of Monterey Jack.
- 4- Fill peppers with corn mixtuer, dividing total amount evenly. Stand in an ungrreased 1- 11/2 QT. baking dish, bake uncovered, until filling is heated through-about 30 MINS.
- 5-Toss crushed tortilla chips with remaining cheese, spoon 1 TBS. on top of each stuffed pepper, and bake uncovered, just until cheese melts-about 5 MINS.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- chefzilla Hope, AR
- foodandaflick Overland Park, KS
- daidaismoma Langley, CA
- sparow64 Sweetwater, TN
- lovinfood420 Cambridge, CA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- sandmanmike1 Wyandotte, MI
- smokensunshine Greensboro, NC
- pudgy47 Las Vegas, NV
- zena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookpudgy47 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating5 people
This sounds delightful.....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
oh yummmmmmmmmm i love this thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
woo hoo, I'm lovin this.chefzilla in Hope loved it