Cream of Onion SoupFrom meskarune 5 years ago
- 1 Large white onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- beef stock/vegetable stock/bouillon shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp corn starch or rice flour shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
- basil/pesto shopping list
- oil shopping list
- white wine (optional) shopping list
- Hard French bread shopping list
- cheese (Swiss, Gouda or Romano work well) shopping list
How to make it
- Dice the onion
- In a frying pan heat about a table spoon of oil.
- Add Onions, pepper, salt, and basil or pesto
- Fry the Onions on medium heat until they start to caramelize.
- Turn the heat to low and add a little stock/bouillon to the onions.
- Add White wine and simmer a bit.
- Add whole milk or cream (heating it up in the microwave a bit before hand will help the soup cook faster)
- Add corn starch a little at a time and stir soup until it thickens.
- Pour soup into an oven safe bowl or ramekin.
- Drop Chunks of hard French bread into bowl.
- Cover Bread and soup with cheese. slices are fine, so is shredded.
- Bake a little bit until cheese is melted and turning brown.
- Let cool and then eat.