Fruit Salad with Pecan DressingFrom grandmacooks 5 years ago
- ½ cup vegetable oil (your choice) shopping list
- ¼ cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or canned as desired or available shopping list
- 2 bananas, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup seedless grapes (red are pretty) shopping list
- 2 pears, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 red apples, diced (do not peel) shopping list
How to make it
- All fruit except bananas should be chilled for a nice chilled salad. You don’t want to wait to chill after making the salad because the bananas will turn brown if you hold the salad too long before serving.
- Toast pecans in a 350 oven for about 10 minutes. Watch carefully, don’t let them burn.
- In a 2 cup screw-top jar or shaker, combine oil, orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, salt and toasted pecans.
- Cover tightly and mix dressing thoroughly by shaking vigorously.
- Prepare the fruit, slicing the bananas last.
- Mix together all the fruit, then pour dressing over it and combine.
- Chill briefly before serving.