Asian Orzo Shitake and Carmelized Onion SaladFrom deigirl 6 years ago
- 1 c. soy shopping list
- 2/3 c. rice vinegar shopping list
- ¼ c. toasted sesame oil shopping list
- ¼ c. peanut oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic (smashed) shopping list
- 1 T. fresh grated ginger shopping list
- Pinch of crushed red chile flakes shopping list
- 1 lb + 2 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, cleaned, and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 T. dry sherry shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, diced finely shopping list
- 1 lb fresh spinach, stemmed, washed, and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 t. sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 lb. orzo shopping list
How to make it
- Cook orzo so that it is not too soft (al dente). Whisk together soy, vinegar, sesame oil and ½ of peanut oil in a small bowl.
- Using a wok (or skillet) over medium heat, poor in ½ of remaining peanut oil, then add garlic, ginger and chile flakes. Stir for 20 seconds. Add mushrooms and stir-fry until just soft, 2-3 minutes. Add the sherry, cook for 30 seconds and transfer to a brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the rest of the peanut oil. Add onions, cook until caramelized, 9-10 minutes. Add the spinach and steam until it wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Mix together all ingredients (orzo, soy mixture, mushrooms, onions/spinach) in a large bowl.
The Cookdeigirl Paulden, AZ
The Rating1 people
This sounds like just the sort of thing I like to have ready in the fridge in case some wonderful person stops by! All I need to buy are the mushrooms. I'll be making this one tomorrow!waterlily in Joplin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!