Moosewoods Six-minute Vegan Chocolate CakeFrom moxie2burn 7 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup cold water or brewed coffee shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 1/2 lb bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 3/4 cup hot water or milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and sugar into an ungreased 8 inch square or 9 inch round baking tin.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup, measure and mix the oil, water or coffee and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the baking tin and mix the batter with a fork or small whisk.
- When the batter is smooth, add the vinegar and stir quickly. Pale swirls will occur where the vinegar and baking soda react. Stir just until the vinegar is even distributed throughout the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Set aside the cake to cool.
- If you are making the glaze, reset the oven to 300°F.
- Melt the chocolate in small ovenproof bowl or heavy skillet in the oven for about 15 minutes. Stir the hot liquid and vanilla into the chocolate until smooth.
- Spoon the glaze over the cooled cake. Refrigerate the glazed cake for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving.
The Cookmoxie2burn Matanuska-Susitna Valley, Alaska
The Rating9 people
This is great and similar to my one-bowl choc cake. I may replace my recipe with this one!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
AMAZING! Especially with the whole wheat cake flour mentioned above.cheapasfree in Salt Lake City loved it
Loved it!!!! Better than I could have hoped for! I used an 8x8" nonstick with spray and it popped right out for me. I also used the Vegan Whole Wheat Flour and just cold water and it turned out de-lish! Next time I will try the cup of coffee or po...morexjupiax in Ewing loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!